What should I pack?
For your labour
- Comfy clothes: whatever you would like to wear and a pair of socks!
- Drinks: isotonic drink for labour
- Snack: cereal bars are good to keep your levels of energy up
- Your TENS machine, hot water bottle, cool packs, aromatherapy (please mention to your midwife if using essential oils), massage oil, etc.
- A music player and charger
- Your camera and batteries
For your newborn baby
- Vests, babygrows, cardigans, hats, socks, scratch mits
- Nappies and a "wet bag" if using cloth nappies
- Cotton wool or wipes and a "wet bag" if using cloth wipes
- Formula milk if you are not planning to breastfeed
- A car seat and a blanket for going home
For you: new mum!
- Comfy clothes, preferably tops with a front opening if you plan to breastfeed
- Breastfeeding bras
- Sanitary towels and a "wet bag" if using cloth pads
- Toiletry bag
For your partner
- Snacks and drinks
- Pillow and blanket if staying overnight
Dads can stay overnight in the postnatal ward, you will find here the code of conduct.